At the Housing Conference 2019, Dato’ Soam Heng Choon as President of REHDA Malaysia made his opening speech stating some of the key challenges faced by property developers. He states these key points:
– Rigid housing policies in terms of quota and price controls
– Unsuitability of Location
– Scarcity of land
– Cross subsidies making prices more expensive
– Unproductive use of public funds
– Absence of reliable and up to date market data
All these problems contribute to increase cost of housing development.